From: Upcom Technologies <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Dec 12, 2007 2:17 PM
Subject: flight gear panel control with mouse issue
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 Hi

I am enjoying flightgear tremendously.

I am running it on a Dell Inspiron 6000 series  laptop and find the mouse
pad (Alps Touch Pad) will not activate the panel controls as per the
directions.

The right button *does* switch between the 3 modes. Mode 2 *does* operate
the flight surfaces, and mode 3 *does* pan POV, but mode 1 (arrow
pointer) *does
not* engage control points (those enclosed in yellow frames when Ctrl c is
pressed).

I have not modified mice.xml , preferences.xml, though  I did make changes
to joystick.xml (default) to use 2 buttons on my controller. I saved the
original joystick file and tried restoring it but still not able to grab
panel controls with it.  L

Can you please advise what I am missing.  Many important functions lie just
outside my reach.

Thanks again to the flightgear community.  I'm having a blast!  Hope to
eventually contribute something back.

Sincerely

            Don Soucy

                Upcom Technologies