Arrgg,

Never mind - I figured it out.  All of a sudden it hit me that the two
displayed in cygwin - only one was my joystick and the other was not
the one of the one from my windows version that worked.  Once upon a
time in the cygwin version ( I just went back to this to try) I had
left an entry (name) for Cyborg Evo Force in the 3D Rumble Force as
well as in the Cyborg Evo so it was finding the xml for the 3D rumble
force first - wrong options and button for the Cyborg Evo.

Working like a champ now.  Sorry for the confusion - I just kept
overlooking what was right in front of me :-(

bk