On Jan 1, 2008 9:07 PM, Jason Cole <> wrote:

> Started again....
>
> Wiped everything on my computer.
> Reinstalled Fedora 8
> As soon I got back in I removed freeglut 2.4 and did a rpm install of
> freeglut 2.2.
> Then I did a yum install of openal, freealut and plib.
> I then compiled Simgear 1, then Compiled Flightgear 1.
> And last I set up the data in /usr/local/share/FlightGear.
>
> Right now this is fresh, no yum updates have been done, have not
> installed any nvidia drivers.
> Crossed my fingers and did a fgfs --log-level=debug...... and
>
> Reading joystick file
> /usr/local/share/FlightGear/data/Input/Joysticks/template.xml
> Looking for bindings for joystick "Logitech Logitech Force 3D Pro"
> ... found joystick:
> /usr/local/share/FlightGear/data/Input/Joysticks/Logitech/wingman-
> force-3d.xml
> Segmentation fault
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$
>
> Not again.
>
> So my question is has anyone got flightgear running with fedora 8, with
> Asus Nvidia 8600GT and/or quad core proccessor?
>
> Where do I go from here, I neeed flightgear:). (Burn this computer)

I've run FlightGear on a machine with an nvidia 8600GT (Fedora 6) and also
on a machine with Fedora 8.  But you aren't going to get very far with
FlightGear if you don't install the nvidia drivers from www.nvidia.com, the
open-source nvidia drivers do not do any of the hardware 3d as far as I know
and definitely are not sufficient for running FlightGear.

Regards,

Curt.
--
Curtis Olson: http://baron.flightgear.org/~curt/
Unique text: 2f585eeea02e2c79d7b1d8c4963bae2d