Ron Jensen wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 10:42 -0500, scott wrote:
>
>> I am a new user of FlightGear and am installing it on SuSE Linux.  All
>> parts of FlightGear were downloaded and installed on SuSE Linux 10.3
>> from  http://software.opensuse.org/search.  Now when I try and run FG
>> via the command "CheckHardware --sound --3D fgfs", I receive:
>> Base package check failed ... Found version [none] at:
>> /usr/local/share/FlightGear
>> Please upgrade to version: 0.9.8
>>
>>    Can someone tell me where I went wrong?
>>

> That error means flightgear can't find its data.
>
> Did you install the flightgear-data package?  I'm not sure what the
> difference is in these two:
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/games:/action/openSUSE_10.3/noarch/FlightGear-data-1.0.0-4.1.noarch.rpm
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/games:/action/openSUSE_10.3/nosrc/FlightGear-data-1.0.0-4.1.nosrc.rpm
>
> Also, from the version number (0.9.8) you may have got a really old
> flightgear...  It looks like version 1.0.0 is available:
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/lmich/openSUSE_10.3/i586/FlightGear-1.0.0-5.1.i586.rpm
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/lmich/openSUSE_10.3/src/FlightGear-1.0.0-5.1.src.rpm
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/lmich/openSUSE_10.3/x86_64/FlightGear-1.0.0-5.1.x86_64.rpm
>
> Ron
Thanks Ron:

  I am not sure either but I have been downloading and installing the
noarch versions.  Thought I did download and install the data portion
but am doing so now.  Will see what happens.

  Been meaning to get FG running and give it a go.  Very interested in
having a flight simulator on Linux.

Scott