Hi Eduardo,

I keep hoping that Torsten will see this thread and jump in with some
advice.  Perhaps the disabled option was added more recently.

For the "global" weather implementation, FlightGear expects that you have
provided data for the current location. The interpolation that it does is
time based, not location based.

For us we expect new weather data to arrive that could have significant
changes from the previous report (either because time has passed or we've
flown some distance.)  So the system slowly blends the current conditions
into the new conditions over some time period so the transition is less
noticeable from the user perspective.

What version of FlightGear are you running (and on which platform.)  It
might be worth it for you to jump forward to the latest development version
since there have been many cleanups and improvements to the weather system
since the previous official release.

Regards,

Curt.

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 9:43 AM, Eduardo <erocha....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Curt,
>
> >  The intension is for you to edit the "metar" string directly in that
> case.
>
> As far as I understood, metar has weather data for one point on
> ground. So flighgear interpolates this data to the airplane position,
> right? But the data I have (from the weather model) is the weather
> condition for a large region of the atmosphere, including the airplane
> position. There is no need for interpolation.
>
> > If you select "disabled" for a weather scenario, then the individual
> fields
> > in the dialog box should be activated so you can manually edit them.
>
> I didn't find a "disabled" options. The only ones are: Fair weather,
> Thunderstorm, METAR and none.
>
> Best regards,
> Eduardo

Curtis Olson: