I've been trying to test 3D stereoscopic with Flight Gear and have come across a few roadblocks that maybe the community can help with.

   * Operating system: Windows 7
   * Computer: Intel Quad -Core i5 @ 3.2 GHz
   * Graphics board/chip: NVidia GeForce GTS 450
   * Monitor:  Samsung 50' PN50409
   * Compiler/version: Installer claims Flight Gear version 2.0.0
     (wasn't sure where else to find it)
   * Type of problem: Dual rendered objects
   * Steps to recreate the problem:
         o Run Flight Gear with the following Environment variables:
               + OSG_STEREO=ON
               + OSG_STEREO_MODE=QUAD_BUFFER
               + OSG_SCREEN_DISTANCE=1.1
               + OSG_EYE_SEPARATION=0.06
               + OSG_SCREEN_HEIGHT=1.107
               + OSG_SCREEN_WIDTH=0.6226
         o Set Monitor to 3D with 2D->3D mode
               + Note:  I have had a small measure of success with
                 HORIZONTAL_SPLIT.  When the TV is set to this mode,
more often than not the split renders do not line up. There are very few choices for a 16:9 ratio, but even
                 when set in the Advanced Properties, the cockpit panel
is not split while the remainder of the scene is. Also, the mouse is rendered as split, but the mouse
                 input is not and a click must be done in the correct
                 "eye".

As described above, there are some issues with the split view stereoscopic, however these do not persist in quad-buffered rendering and therefore are not of major importance. The main issue that I cannot seem to overcome with any settings is that the plane and any objects within a certain range (perhaps related to the near clipping plane) are rendered twice. When I say twice, I mean also in stereoscopic, meaning that you can visually see four renders of the aircraft when not using the glasses, thus creating two stereoscopic 3D air crafts. This issue persists for all objects that get close to the camera, as witnessed by flying quite close to buildings and towers. Everything outside of this range renders in perfectly fine stereoscopic.

Any type of work around will do if the problem cannot be directly fixed. This is mainly for a proof of concept for a stereoscopic solution and does not need to be perfect.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated,

T Yothers