I forget how this is done on windows (I normally do most of my work in
Linux) but one thought is to double check if you are referring to the port
as "COM27" or "COM27:" (with a colon).  Maybe try it both ways and see if
one or the other works?

Curt.

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 9:09 PM, Derrick Washington <ddwas...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello
>
>    I am running windows vista with the latetest version of FlightGear, and
> for the life of me I can't get FG to transmit data out of the serial port,
> COM27.  I have several other programs which can communicate through this
> port without a problem, including putty.  FG keeps giving me errors, I/O
> communication error, can not open com port etc.  Can someone make some
> suggestions as to what I should do to solve this issue, I know other people
> have to be using this simulator with vista transmitting data through the
> serial port.  It must be something I'm doing wrong.

Curtis Olson:
http://www.atiak.com - http://aem.umn.edu/~uav/
http://www.flightgear.org - http://gallinazo.flightgear.org