On Thu, 16 Feb 2012, Sterling Somers wrote:

Does anyone know of a way to slow down time to less-than-real time? I know warp will allow you to speed-up time, but it seems it canÿÿt be fractional. IS there another way to do that perhaps?

There is no obvious reason for why that should not be possible (though some subsystems may inappropriately use real time instead of simulation time).

Have you tried setting the property /sim/speed-up to a fractional value directly? (It appears to be a double in the property tree - but I don't know if that is actually the property used to set the simulation rate.)

Another (hackish) way that should work is to set
/sim/frame-rate-throttle-hz to a frame rate your system achives (say 50)
and
/sim/max-simtime-per-frame to less than 1/50, say 0.01 to force a simulation rate of 0.5 or less (depending on your frame rate).

Properties can be set from the command line with
--prop:/sim/frame-rate-throttle-hz=50
--prop:/sim/max-simtime-per-frame=0.01
or in FG via the property browser (I think these properties can be changed at runtime - but that is not the case for all properties).

Cheers,

Anders
Anders Gidenstam
WWW: http://gitorious.org/anders-hangar