Allrighty, I decided to release the utf8 patch into the Wild (in this
case, into the Trunk of the SVN).

This means that the Doxygen developers can go forward now and move the
documentation over.

But this also means that this particular SVN version of FLTK 1.3 is
very buggy! Here are a bunch of issues that I have found so far:

IDEs:
- Makefile support: tested on Fedora Core 5 and OS X, but heaven knows
on which platforms this may fail
- Xcode: tested, seems to be working (but see comments below on OS X)
- VisualC (VC6): tested, test/utf8 works, but may have had some issues
during merge. Some additional work needed (imm32.lib)
- VisualStudio2005: tested, test/utf8 works, some addtl. work needed
(imm32.lib)

- VisualCNet: sorry, I have no longer access to that IDE
- Borland and other compiler: sorry, I can't update those

Platforms:
- you will encounter problems on all platforms!
- X11: many characters are missing, but that may be related to bad
fonts on my machine. I also could not do any keyboard tests yet.
Rendering seems to generally work ok.
- Win32: US and German keyboard worked ok, but no compositing was
tested. Rendering looks pretty good.
- OS X: redering looks good. Keyboard is completely messed up, even in
US setting (with Alt key)
- all: while merging I have seen plenty of places that are not
entirley utf8-safe, particularly Fl_Input, Fl_Text_Editor, and
Fl_Help_View. Keycodes from the keyboard conflict with Unicode
characters. Right-to-left rendered text can not be marked or edited,
and probably much more.

Nevertheless, this is a good time to get the Doxygen stuff over, so
please go ahead.

In the mean time, I will start fixing the keybords and try to find all
char* handling that doesn't take utf8 into account.

Please do not use this version in any public programs!

   Matthias

----
http://robowerk.com/