On 27 Sep 2008, at 19:32, Fabien Costantini wrote:
>> Running fluid, if I try and type anything in a text entry box,
>> nothing appears.
>> At the console I'm getting streams of "UCKeyTranslate failed: -50"
>> messages (lacking a \n, BTW) which seems to come from line 1190 of
>> Fl_mac.cxx.
> Hi Ian, I just checked this in my mac os x 10.5.4 box and it seems
> to work pretty well, any text box I type in just get some correct
> text inside the input box in fluid ...
>
> This is weird, so could you please indicate the OS X version/
> language that you used during your test ?

The box I have here is a older PPC 10.4.11 box, and I've got Xcode
2.5 installed for the toolchain.
The box is set to "British".

I've also tried this on a similarly configured x86 box running 10.4.8
with Xcode 2.5 and got the same result.

In both cases I "svn up" to latest, then did a make distclean,
followed by ./configure --enable-quartz --enable-threads, then a make.

Seems pretty reproducible. Editing the "#if 0" block (around line
1290) to "#if 1" to restore the previous behaviour has got me up and
running again for now.