>> > +  cp -f refman.pdf ../fltk.pdf ; \
> --------^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> *please* revert this last line. Otherwise, everybody who tries to generate the
> docs would have the problem that he would
>
> (a) maybe unintentionally check the modified fltk.pdf in with the next svn
> commit
> (b) destroy the original fltk.pdf (and have to svn revert it).
>
> (b) just happened to me, but I didn't do (a) ;-)
>
> IMHO, replacing the generated fltk.pdf in the documentation and checking it in
> should be a *manual* action.

I thought about this and this is why the default make doesn't do any generation.

Even "make all" won't, to achieve this pdf gen,
you must explicitely run make clean then, make alldocs or make pdf...

That said, it should be easy to update the local copy otherwise we won't do it
regularly.

I'm currently optimizing the pdf doc anyway, so I'm still open to all
suggestions.

I'll comment the remaining related work to discuss and to do later this evening
hopefully, because I'd like the work to be as clean as possible for the next
snapshot, so nothing can stop be today (smile here) ;-)

Fabien