matthiasm wrote:

>>> This checkin destroyed the svn history of all the images and *.dox
>>> files.
>>>
>>> You should have "svn move"d them instead of deleting and adding
>>> them in another
>>> directory.
>>>
>>> Do we want to have the history, should this be "repaired" (maybe by
>>> copying from
>>> the old rev. to the new target dir.?).
>>>
>>> Albrecht
>>
>> Hmmm weird, because I *did* used svn move ...
>

> "svn move" *does* delete the old file and create a new one, so the log
> was OK. I am not sure if an internal history is kept in a all
> encompassing way in Subversion.
>
> ----
> http://robowerk.com/

IIRC, Subversion doesn't actually delete or add files, it creates
hard-links. That's why the repo doesn't grow significantly each time a file
is moved, renamed, etc. Therefore, you should be able to get the log of the
newly named file. It should go right back to when the original file was
added to the repo.

I think the only time a file is actually duplicated is to resolve any
ambiguity.

--
Alvin