On 19.10.2008, at 13:56, imacarthur wrote:
> I'm always a bit hazy on the whole "what changes affect the ABI"
> thing, but I notice this change has been committed against 1.1.x
> (1.1.10) svn:
>
> - Fl_Group::clip_children() is now public (STR #2017)
>
> Is that a safe thing? Can we do that without breaking the 1.1. ABI?

I have done a little research before we decided for the change and
have not found a C++ compiler that encodes "public" attributes in the
decorated method name. This is not to say that there is not some
exotic compiler that does, but at least for the current gcc and
VisualC, these attributes seem to only exist in the header files (and
not changing the ABI).

I hope... ;-)

----
http://robowerk.com/