On 22.10.2008, at 05:07, Maik Beckmann wrote:

>> thanks for proposing to maintain the CMake files.
>> If you wish to do that, don't need svn access, the best way to
>> proceed is to
> add an STR for fltk1.3 like "CMake
>> files Maintenance for 1.3"
>
> Which means I won't be able to work incremental.  So be it.

Ah, no. You can certainly get SVN access. You need to contact Mike ([EMAIL
PROTECTED]
). Ususally we ask contributers to send in a few patches first. If the
patches are good, Mike will give you an SVN login.

> If cmake works for vs2003, it works for vs6 to vs9 (and later) as
> well.  For
> XCode I need testers.

We have a bunch of OS X users (including myself). It should be no
problem at all to find a tester.

>> We generally don't accept unfinished work, especially when the
>> proposed
> solution aready exists and is
>> working in another form (like for the vc2005,vc6 makefiles).
>
> Having one build system for everything reduces maintenance cost.

We have been discussing that and would love to have a single build
system - assuming that this system can generated the required files
for other IDEs correctly.

> First of all I will clean up what's there, which might end up in
> writing
> everything from scratch.  Since you seem to live good without cmake
> so far(it
> doesn't even work at the fltk-1.3 branch), I'll set the minimum
> requirement to
> cmake-2.6, which ships a much better FindX11.cmake.

We have no CMake maintainer yet. 1.3 is still very much in limbo,
which explains why there is no working file. I don't know much about
CMake, but judging by what the possibilities seem to be, CMake seems
to be a good decission. Your efforts will be very welcome.

Matthias

----
http://robowerk.com/