> >   (1) Get utf-8 support ready. There are still lots of things to do.
> >       At least xft issues come to mind. More support for Eastern
> >       languages may be postponed, though (IMHO).
> Ok, let's specifiy the _minimum_ features to realize before
> an RC can be released then.

I want to help with this, but I can't seem to find the time anymore.
Sorry, guys.

> - First, the TODO.utf8 file is just a list a files (to be treated?),
>  should be rename TODO_FILES.utf8 if it is still necessary?

I would say no, remove it, it is not helpful now.

> - Then a real TODO.utf8 should be updated with a full list of
> the features to fix/add
> - Then we should establish which are the priority tasks we
> want to fix in utf8 for 1.3. (i.e: I doubt it is a good idea
> to expect adding all langages supports in our next release :
> couldn't it be made progressively after that  ?)

I started to look at the patches Timothy Lee submitted, and they mostly
look good so far, but I haven't managed to finish.
If someone else could take a look at them independently, that might give
us more confidence that they are good.

Better yet, if Timothy Lee could be persuaded to get on board...

SELEX Sensors and Airborne Systems Limited
Registered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14
3EL
A company registered in England & Wales.  Company no. 02426132