On 14.12.2009, at 09:17, manolo gouy wrote:

>> I also don't think that it's worth the effort to display the dragged text,
>> because this would be Mac-specific, and I'm sure that other users wouldn't
>> like it. Thus my proposal: use a generic image (or cursor symbol or ...),
>> just as it was before and as it is on other platforms.
>>
>> Just my 2 ct.
>
> I proposed to display the dragged text because this is what is done by most
> well-behaved Mac applications (Firefox, TextEdit, TextWrangler,
> MSWord) although OpenOffice just shows a small black square.
>
> You guys decide whether to accept dynamic_cast and display dragged
> text as an image, or not.

Seeing the text is great. It's what the Mac user expect, it's there, and it's
system specific anyways. Please stick with it.

The dynamic_cast is fine because it is in a system specific file. We would just
like to avoid "advanced C++" in the main code because some embedded systems
have minimal C++ implementations only (or can highly optimize code if dynamic
casting is disabled).

Matthias