> I ran 3 "svn diff filename" and pasted the outputs of these.

Hmm, ok that explains it...
It is not safe to paste together diffs that were made in different
directories, as the diff files include (and the patch program expects to
find) some path information for the files being processed...

If you have multiple files in the same directory you might get away with
it, but for multiple-file patches, it is best to let diff generate the
whole patch file in one consistent part, rather than trying to paste
together the separate parts...

If you have a few random files scattered over several directories,
preparing separate patch files is probably the easiest option.

> May be I could use a "Crash course on how to properly prepare
> FLTK patches" ? :=)

I don't think we do anything out of the ordinary...

For a diff to a single file, something like:

    diff -u old-file new-file

Or to diff a directory tree

        diff -Naur old-dir new-dir

Actually, the man page for patch itself has quite a lot ot say on the
topic (under "NOTES FOR PATCH SENDERS" I think) and so it probably is
better than me rambling on...

SELEX Sensors and Airborne Systems Limited
Registered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14
3EL
A company registered in England & Wales.  Company no. 02426132