Builing r6985 I get warnings like this... (this is from a win32 build
but all platforms do it...)

Compiling Fl_Preferences.cxx...
Fl_Preferences.cxx:85:2: warning: #warning MSWindows implementation
missing!
Fl_Preferences.cxx: In static member function `static const char*
Fl_Preferences::newUUID()':
Fl_Preferences.cxx:138: warning: no return statement in function
returning non-void
Fl_Preferences.cxx:138: warning: control reaches end of non-void
function

Also, on win32 the link fails like this:

=== making fluid ===
Linking fluid.exe...
../lib/libfltk.a(Fl_Preferences.o):Fl_Preferences.cxx:(.text+0x6f):
undefined reference to `gethostn...@8'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [fluid.exe] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 1

This is happening because the newUUID() function (under win32 and
*nix) calls up gethostname(), but we no longer link the winsock libs
by default under fltk-1.3, so the symbol is unresolved.

So, we can go back to always linking in the winsock libs, or use some
other "unique" property in the UUID code.

BTW: Does anyone know if the win32 libs have built-in UUID functions,
like the APPLE stuff does, that we could just use instead?

--
Ian