On 23 Jan 2010, at 14:02, Albrecht Schlosser wrote:

> Albrecht Schlosser wrote:
>
>> My main point is that we are consistently using WIN32 or _WIN32
>> everywhere. If we decide to use _WIN32 everywhere, then we must
>> also change the define in fltk-config and Makefiles (or makeinclude)
>> or elsewhere. But please don't *mix* both, otherwise we'll maybe get
>> into trouble.
>
> Okay then, since nobody replied,

Sorry Albrecht - I thought I had replied, but now I think I only
*meant* to reply but never got round to it...
I think it is correct to change everything to use WIN32.
I think I did go in and change back (to WIN32) the few I had changed
(to _WIN32) that started off this discussion, though.

(Also, I think most of the other instances were probably introduced
relatively recently, by people used to the MSVC tools where the
_WIN32 pattern is "standard".)

> I decided to change the existing
> _WIN32 usages to WIN32 to make it consistent in all our code. The
> only remaining usage is in test/sudoku.rc, but I don't think that
> this is relevant here, and maybe it's even better so.

Yes - I do not know what environment variables may be "in scope" for
the resource compilers, so it may be best to leave this one alone!