On 16 Feb 2010, at 20:31, Evan Laforge wrote:

> Fl_Text_Display is in a similar position, since it's too slow to be
> usable.

I suspect that the underlying text engine is actually pretty efficient.

I also suspect, though, that when we redraw the text display, we are
re-rendering far too much stuff, i.e. stuff that is off screen and so
on - maybe even the whole doc every time.

I even tried to figure this out in detail once, but I could never get
to grips with the nedit engine, even before we hacked it up to fit it
into fltk...

FWIW, I have seen Nedit itself running beside a fltk_text_editor and
it was apparent that the Nedit instance was quick... We must (I
think) be using it wrong. But I can't figure it out...
--
Ian