> After fixing a couple of minor compilation problems, I can now print
> successfully on Windows, but there's a small problem with PS output on
> Linux: I had to change
>
>  %%BeginFeature: *PageSize
> -A4
> +%% A4
>  %%EndFeature
>
> in the prolog, because PS interpretation showed an error message
> otherwise: "Error: /undefined in A4". I didn't fix this in the source,
> though.
OK, I'm not on firm ground here. I'll see if this new way runs on all
3 platforms.

> Did this fix the Windows compilation problems that you mentioned?
I had several MSWin warnings about virtual classes having non virtual
constructors that I did not understand, and needed your help to
repair that. But if you don't have these warnings, let's just forget
that.

About the class hierarchy:
I reasoned from the user viewpoint who wants the statement
Fl_Printer myprinter;
to run and create an adequate printer on all 3 platforms,
and also wants
Fl_PSfile_Device to run and create a .ps file on all 3 platforms.
The hierarchy below is the solution I found for that. But if there's
a better one, I would be happy to accept it.
Also I'm not very happy of the name Fl_Virtual_Printer. May be
Fl_Abstract_Printer would be better.

  Fl_Virtual_Printer
    Fl_Quartz_Printer (on Mac)
      Fl_Printer      (on Mac)