> Some notes on testing r7187 of the printing patch on a few random
> targets last night.
>
> OSX PPC 10.4.11:
>
> Build and runs OK. Not obviously slower than stock (though this
> particular machine is slow by modern standards anyway...)
> My offscreen tests worked OK, and printed OK.
> Other tests seem to be OK - though I forgot to run my Cairo test...
>
> A lot of build-time warnings about "class FL_xyz has virtual functions
> with non-virtual destructor" type stuff.
> This is building from the Makefile with the stock Apple gcc, I wasn't
> using Xcode.

Fixed now.

> Win Vista with Msys/mingw:
>
> I set this box up to try and look for the "zombie process" that Domingo
> reports, so it has mingw with gcc-3.4.5 and Msys on a stock Vista box.
>
> Again, all seems well, for the most part.
> Again, I forgot to run my Cairo test...
> My offscreen test works and prints out OK.
> My GL test ran OK, but the contents of the GL window did not print - is
> that expected? I thought I'd heard that was fixed now?

Fl_Printer::print_widget deosn't print Fl_Gl_Window's. It's necessary
to use Fl_GL_Printer::print_gl_window(), and the generic
"print front window" button/menu does not do that. In other words,
you can't print a GL window without knowing it is one. This would
be possible to program, but it would tie fltk to fltkgl, something
we don't want. I put an instance of GL printing in demo cube
with an additional "Print" menu (in the main window, or in a system
menu under Mac) that will print correctly GL data. On mac only,
there's also a system print menu in demo glpuzzle.

On a different subject, there's also a special print command (ctrl-P)
in demo Mandelbrot that shows how to capture a progressively updated
window.