On 04.04.2010, at 22:58, Duncan Gibson wrote:

> Seriously though, it would be useful if we could get some FLTK2 bods
> back on board to help Matt with this FLTK2 to FLTK3 interface layer.

I invite all developers, FLTK1 and FLTK2, in the effort to create FLTK3.

You can help by testing, compiling the current fltk-3.0 svn, and compiling the
test programs from FLTK1 and FLTK2. Whenever incompatibilities show, please
update the corresponding headers in the abstraction layer. README.123 and
README.123.wrapper give some cluse, but it's best to just look at what I did in
FL/Fl_Widget.H, fltk/Widget.h, and fltk3/Widget.h .

Thanks for your help!

 - Matthias

PS: if tis all works out, I promise to write a comprehensive article on "why a
code fork is a disaster, and how to un-fork to un-disaster" ;-)