> Link: http://www.fltk.org/str.php?L2082
> Version: 1.3-feature
>

> Ian, would you please test attached patch file
> str2082_window-type.patch to
> see if this fixes the compiz menu animation issue. This is
> not directly
> what this STR is for, but I'd like to complete this now and leave the
> option to set an internal xtype as suggested by Alvin open for later.

Will do, but will be later today - note that from a quick inspection of
the patch, that looks fine.

For what it is worth (and this is entirley from memory, so probably
wrong) there was some issue with Alvin's patch not actually changing the
type of tooltip or menu windows (though it did "fix" other windows.)

IIRC, the issue was with override_redirect - I think that Alvin's patch
is "inside" a block that tests for that, so doesn't then affect the menu
or tooltip windows... Or something...

Or I could be wrong...

> Unfortunately I can't test this myself, because I don't see any window
> animations on my Ubuntu Linux system, even with compiz enabled.

Yup - I think Greg reported that too, though others do see the
animations that I see.
So... I dunno what that is about, but I guess compiz maybe tailors its
behaviour depending on what graphics drivers you have, or something?

SELEX Galileo Ltd
Registered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14
3EL
A company registered in England & Wales.  Company no. 02426132