> It won't please everybody, but then the current guidelines don't
> anyway, but it will be easy to apply the standard using the tool.
> We document the tool and options in the CMP / Coding Standards.
>
> So the base options we are looking at are: K&R, tab=8, indent=2.
> Then there's stuff not in the CMP, but already in the code, for
> one-liners such as "if (x) y;", "for (x) y;" and "while(x) y;".
> It might take a while to refine all the options to get close to
> the current CMP / Coding Standards.

Just looked at the docs for indent, and it seems to be saying it is not
recommended for C++. It seems to be saying it may work for C++ but is
not strictly supported.

Well, there you go. I've never had a problem - I suspect that's because
my C++ looks an awful lot like straight C most of the time...

Astyle does claim to handle C++, so maybe that's the way we should go?
Though I have never actually tried astyle myself...

> And I don't think that we should be looking at customising any
> of the tools, or providing patches, or requesting new features.

Indeed - we should try and use the stock tool as far as possible, for
support and so on...

SELEX Galileo Ltd
Registered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14
3EL
A company registered in England & Wales.  Company no. 02426132