[STR New]

Link: http://www.fltk.org/str.php?L1758
Version: 1.3-feature

Greg, I don't think that Matt wanted to say that this would affect anything
negatively. I can't speak for him, but IMHO he wanted to say that it would
maybe be wasted time.

OTOH, I think that it would be positive if we had the API that we could
port later to the new menu structure in FLTK 3 or whatever. The only
restriction I can see is that it shouldn't negatively affect the release
timing.

My suggestion: make a clear API proposal for these two STR's, and let's
see how that would fit. How much code would be needed? Docs? What about
allocation of the menu array, static menu arrays and such? The code on
your cheat page looks good and easy, but is it as easy for all cases?

If this can be implemented fast, I guess that we would get consensus.

If not, well, then there is still the "new menu" way: FLTK 3.0.