[STR New]

Link: http://www.fltk.org/str.php?L2599
Version: 1.3-feature

My understanding is that what you are trying to do does not apply to
situations where input methods are used to input complex
scripts such as CJK, but is limited to following simple things
such as dead keys and character compose sequences with a compose key.

In that case, you can call interpretKeyEvents and won't have any popup.
And you can be sure of that as long as your user does not activate
a "special" input method.

If this is wrong, it means I did not understand your objective.

Please, notice that what you are trying to do modifies a critical,
core feature of FLTK on all platforms. Thus, commit will require
extensive testing by several developers.