On 17 Feb 2012, at 16:22, "Domingo Alvarez Duarte" <mingo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I can see severl patches that are submitted to 1.3 and postponed to 1.4
> floating on the air, why not start an svn respository for the upcoming 1.4
> and apply those patches to it so we can have at any time a

No, I don't think that is wise.

Note that 1.4 is a mythical beast, that really just means "sometime later",
i.e. in a later revision of 1.3, or directly into  3.0.

It's is very unlikely there will ever be a real 1.4 release, as we simply do
not have the resources to progress such a beast - we are struggling as it is to
keep 1.3 moving and 3.x is currently stalled... Adding yet another fork would
be madness.

If there is effort to progress a 1.4 branch, why would it not go into
progressing 1.3 or into getting 3.x stable enough to release into the wild?
--
Ian
Sent, much to my surprise, from my iPhone