On 26.03.2012 17:15, MacArthur, Ian (SELEX GALILEO, UK) wrote:
> Here's a thing...
>
> Playing about with the fltk-1 compat layer in fltk3, I notice that when
> running the fullscreen test app (at least on Win32) then the GL subwindow
> that shows the shape is not drawn.
>
> However, if I remove the window.end(); call at line 196 of fluscreen.cxx
> (r9302) then all is well (so long as the test is only run in single-window
> mode of course...)
>
> So, it would appear that creating the parent window, then "end"ing it,
> creating a GL window, then adding it as a subwindow of the parent window,
> does not work.
>
> Creating the GL subwindow while the parent window is still "begin"'d however
> does work.
>
> Note that the "same" (i.e. equivalent) test works fine in "pure" fltk3 and in
> fltk-1.3, so this is some sort of interaction at the compatibility layer,
> AFAICT.
>
> FWIW, I have a slightly modified "working" version of the fltk-1.3 test code
> that works fine in either fltk-1.3 or fltk3-compat builds, but that was done
> by avoiding "end"ing the parent window before creating the GL window, IFF the
> GL window is to be nested as a subwindow...
>
> So, it *can* work, but that's not quite the same thing as proving that the
> compat-layer is working!
>
> I have not tried on a non-WinXX system yet, so I do not know how generic this
> problem is; it may be peculiar to the fltk3 port on Win32, or it may be more
> general.

Thanks for doing all these tests. I hope that I will have
some more time to look deeper into FLTK 3 in the near future...

> I wonder how Matthias is these days; hope he's well!

I think he's well. At least there are some news in German
newspapers about his activities. He finished the first
apartments in the old Dujardin building in January, and he
opened a new restaurant there as well in March. So I believe
that he still has much to do these days...

Albrecht