> Hi. I´m having some problems when trying to build from the latest archive
> on the web site (fltk-1.3.0-source.tar.gz).
>
> When building with VC2008 (Microsoft Visual C++ Express Edition under
> Windows XP) I get this error (right at the beginning of the process):
>
> 2>jpeg : warning PRJ0009 : Build log could not be opened for writing.
> 2>Make sure that the file is not open by another process and is not write-
> protected.
>
> It then fails when trying to create any log, or any ".lib" file. This has
> been confirmed on 2 different computers, both running Windows XP and
> VC2008. A previous version of the file (which I downloaded from the web
> site months ago and which I foolishly deleted) built with no problems at
> all.

That sounds weird - Sorry, but I don't have anything more useful to conribute,
since I gave up on the MS tools, I generally use mingw for Windows builds these
days... (And the word seems to be that VS11 will not even have a free mode at
all...)

If I were to take a wild guess, it really sounds like the project is trying to
open/create files in a protected location, but you'll have checked for that of
course, so I can't think what else might cause it.

SELEX Galileo Ltd
Registered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14
3EL
A company registered in England & Wales.  Company no. 02426132