On 18.06.2012, at 15:20, Michael Sweet wrote:

> OS X tracks nanosecond modification times in the file system, but there are
> defines in the system headers to expose the standard st_mtime, etc. members.
>
> When building 64-bit time_t is 64-bit, not 32-bit...

Ah, good point.

The problem arose from adding an FTP upload function that automatically syncs
files that were modified after the last upload. So the issue is not so much
with fltk3::FTPClient, but with a "diverse" API regarding fstat/stat(2). The
FTP protocol has its own time format anyway.

Since we already provide an API that lists a directory contents, should we
provide other information about directory entries as well? I added this to
FLTK2 many years ago because the FileChooser need a sort-by-date function.

 - Matthias