> Thanks for the long and detailed mail. The errors you describe below
> remind me of an issue more than halve a year ago, which was fixed. I am
> very surprised that it reappeared, but I also know that Subversion (or its
> users ;-) can sometimes mess things up. Jenkins also show that the OS X
> 1.3 build fails. I will try to fix things in the next days.

Hmm, OSX build of 1.3 worked OK for me, at the weekend, just using the stock
Makefile build.

I wonder why?

> screen_xywh is supposed to give you the screen size in pixels of each
> individual attached screen. Fl::w() and h(), x() and y() should give you
> the usable area of the main screen (so for the Mac, that would be the
> desktop minus menu bar and tool bar).
>
> Creating and resizing of a window should not change the size (by FLTK).
> This is because the user could have multiple screens with higher
> resolution. As long as the title bar is visible, the window can still be
> dragged somewhere else. We do not interfere with whatever the window
> manager will do to the window. So if the OS X window manager reduces the
> image on creation, we will let it do so (I'd have to look into the source
> to verify that this is actually so).
>
> The stroy is different with popup menus where we make sure that the window
> fits and uses only a single screen.

Yes, there are methods now for getting at the "actual" size of the display" and
the "usable" size (which we maybe called "work_area" or something...? I
forget...Oh yes Fl::screen_work_area(...) )

AFAIK this was all working "right" at some point recently...

SELEX Galileo Ltd
Registered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14
3EL
A company registered in England & Wales.  Company no. 02426132