On 2 Jan 2013, at 11:08, superbem wrote:

> Happy new year!
>
> Another very nice feature regarding amalgamation, to the Fluid, would be a
> feature to have an generate code option to produce an amalgamation with the
> widgets used, then it includes the code on 3 files, the 2 as it are already
> now, then on the main one, include de generated sub amalgamation, instead the
> include pointers.
>
> That way the size isn't any more an issue.
>
> And very portable.
>
> As an option would be great.

Something like that might be an interesting feature, more like modularization
than strictly amalgamation - reminiscent of what JUCE's infojuicer can do with
its modules in many ways.

We'd probably still need some metadata for the widgets classes so we could
resolve the dependencies quickly, so possibly "non-trivial" to implement. It
may be possible to auto-generate the dependencies though? Might need a bit of
though...

Anyway, if you have patches to implement this, please post them on an STR so we
can take a look.

Cheers,
--
Ian