[STR New]

Link: http://www.fltk.org/str.php?L2904
Version: 1.3-feature

The attached gtk-browser.patch modifies the current svn repository
so that Fl_Native_File_Chooser uses the GTK dialog when libgtk2-or-3.so
is available at run time, and falls back on Fl_File_Chooser when
it's not. Most of the new code is Ian's work.

As set here, no change in the library configuration is needed,
no option needs to be turned on neither. This corresponds to the logic
"Fl_Native_File_Chooser does something different from Fl_File_Chooser
when possible".

A less drastic modification of FLTK could be to have
_TEST_GTK_FILE_CHOOSER optionally turned on at configure time.

The demo program test/native-filechooser.cxx is modified (Ian did
it, really) to exercize all file chooser dialog flavors (open,
save, directory,...) in turn.

The patch creates a new file (src/fl_gtk.h) containing all useful
type declarations from <gtk/gtk.h>. This avoids altogether
to modify the configure mechanism. I believe this unorthodox
procedure is safe because all declarations therein are part of
the gnome public API (see http://developer.gnome.org).
The patch also modifies FL/Fl_Native_File_Chooser.H somewhat
and src/Fl_Native_File_Chooser.cxx extensively.

I found this works well on Linux/Debian and Darwin/X11.
It's probably necessary to test it on other Linux distros.