On 14 Apr 2013, at 13:57, Duncan Gibson wrote:

> I have an application with a colour bar type legend which does not give
> the required resolution, so I needed to be able to adjust the low and
> high values in an intuitive but minimally invasive way on screen.
>
> I hacked together the following demonstrator, drawing some inspiration
> from Fl_Slider. The features I required were:
> - a vertical slider
> - possibility of setting min and max values of continuous range (no step)
> - possibility to move low and high sliders (min <= low < high <= max)
>
> I then hacked it further to fit directly with the rest of my application.
>
> Questions:
> 1. Does anybody know of a similar widget out there?
> 2. Is it worth factoring out a separate DoubleValuator base class?
> 3. Apart from vertical/horizontal what other features are needed?
> 4. Does it require min/low/high/max fields?
> 5. Would a floating tooltip with feedback be enough? (eg Greg's TipWin)
>
> I'd be willing to have a go a this, but can't provide any timeframes.

Coming to this party late, but I just remembered that Jason Bryan's FLU widgets
have a double-slider widget.

His pages at OSC.edu appear to be gone but the mirror here still seems to be
working:

http://src.gnu-darwin.org/ports/x11-toolkits/flu/work/FLU_2.14/

His FLU_Dual_Slider might be relevant, to see how what he did compares.

He derived a pile of "new" fltk based widgets, so there may be clues in that
work for a template for future derivations?