Am 29.09.07, 14:41 +0100 schrieb imm:

> Longer Term Objectives:

> really need to look at a complex text layout engine (http://
> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complex_Text_Layout) of some sort, to cope with

> So - should fltk provide a CTL?
> Or should it simply provide the means to render the glyphs, and leave
> the user to provide the CTL layer?

> Frankly, I favour the latter approach (I see this as meaning that the
> people whose languages benefit from having a CTL will need to write
> the CTL - but they are also the people best placed to know what is
> needed.)
> Others may see this differently?
> I did briefly look at merging PanGo as a way to provide a well-
> established CTL for use with fltk. But that looked hard, so I quit.
> If someone else wants to take a run at that, or at something not
> derived from GTK (e.g. partly based on ICU http://www.icu-
> project.org/ or something) then that would be really good.

I am very happy and thankful for your work on mixing UTF-8 into 1.1.x.

Well, I'd would think a CTL could be for FLTK-utf-8 like UTF-8 was for
FLTK.
Unfortunedly it needs quite some work. On the other hand increases
acceptance for FLTK.
So is it probably the right thing for fltk2?

kind regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--
developing for colour management