Derrick wrote:
> Why wouldn't Microsoft provide at least a [Run] menu option?

        It's a good question, I never knew myself.. don't get me started ;)
        I try to stick to the CLI whenever possible when it comes to compiling.

        For instance I use the GUI only to build FLTK and identify the correct
        CLI commands to invoke, then build my Makefiles around what I see in
the GUI's
        build logs, and then leave the GUI alone from then on until the next
release
        of either FLTK or VS, to make sure nothing's changed.

        FLTK seems to maybe be going the direction of cmake (maybe?), which
        would be interesting, because then 'cmake' would just work the same
        on all platforms including windows, and we could get away from the IDE
        and all its voluminous build files..