>       Is there any reference number about the memory consumption for a
> typical FLTK application using directFB or Kdrive/TinyX as backend. I
> have used MiniGUI and GTK over directFB before. MiniGUI is extremely
> fast while GTK is very slow. What if FLTK compare to them?

I'm sorry, I don't have any actual numbers I can give you.

However, if your hardware is supported (or similar enough to a supported
target) it is not usually that hard to get TinyX up and running. Once
you have that, building fltk on top of it is trivial, so you can then
make your own measurements directly on your own hardware, which will be
the most definitive answer possible!

What target hardware do you have? Is it something fairly standard?
For example, getting it to work on top of an OMAP device like a
beagleboard is an easy "Just Works out of the box" type of thing.

>       If I make a port for FLTK on framebuffer (not DirectFB), is it
> possible? Or will it be really tough to do that?

It is certainly possible, but it will not be easy. How tough it is will
depend on how familiar you are with the framebuffer and writing of
low-level graphics functions.

You will need to write your own functions for lines, points, circles,
fills, for example, and also mechanisms for handling the pointing device
and any keyboard i/o and so forth, and possibly provide mechanisms to
drive timers and etc.

So... To be honest, by the time you have provided all that low-level
stuff, you may find it is just as much code as if you had used TinyX
(which already provides all that) in the first place!

And of course this all assumes you don't need OpenGL... Getting OpenGL
to play nice in fltk on top of the framebuffer might be "interesting"...

SELEX Galileo Ltd
Registered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14
3EL
A company registered in England & Wales.  Company no. 02426132