> I'm trying to get fltk 1.1.10 configured on my fedora 12
> machine. But when im getting an error as follows;
>
> Linking fluid...
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXext
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [fluid] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 1
>
> Please can anyone help me out.

At a guess: Looks like you have not installed some (or all?) of the
development packages for X on your system.

I don't have a recent Fedora system, so I'm not sure what the package
name would be, but it might be something like "lib-X11-dev" or
similar...
There'll be some rpm that will pull in the needed dev files, I'm sure,
if you can figure out which one!

Note: if you don't have the X dev packages installed, then you probably
will not have the other dev packages either, so you will need to get the
dev packages for OpenGL, libpng, zlib, libjpeg, XFT, and probably some
other stuff too that I can't remember...

Not directly relevant, but in the last few weeks Greg Ercolano posted a
list if the dev packages needed to get a recent ubuntu system loaded up
- whilst the Fedora packages will be partitioned differently, that list
might still be a useful starting point for you.

SELEX Galileo Ltd
Registered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14
3EL
A company registered in England & Wales.  Company no. 02426132