> You could also try setting the "when" type of your button to
> FL_WHEN_ENTER_KEY - that should give a similar result to using an
> Fl_Return_Button widget, but without the more elaborate drawing style.

i did experiment with the 'enter' callback, it made the program hang,
but i suspect that is because i neede to finish defining seperate
callback method for the window itself as i had made it share the
button callback, which was stupid as the window 'x' button caused
a fault then and also with my fantastic shrinking window described
already it meant i could not callback on the window anyway, as no
buttons available..