On 12/09/11 04:29, Albrecht Schlosser wrote:
>> -CAIROLIBS      = -lcairo -lpixman-1
>> +CAIROLIBS      = -lcairo
>>
>>      ..as apparently -lpixman is no longer needed.
>
> I remember that I tried a cairo build some time ago, and I installed
> pixman-1 at that time (I didn't test if it was really needed).

        What I found when I tried to yum-install it, there was
        a message that pixman was obsoleted by cairo, eg:

# yum install libpixman-devel.x86_64
[..]
Setting up Install Process
Package libpixman-devel is obsoleted by cairo,                    <-- THIS
    trying to install cairo-1.2.4-5.el5.x86_64 instead
Package cairo-1.2.4-5.el5.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Nothing to do
#

        Not sure if configure should be made smart enough to
        somehow detect the cairo version to determine at what
        point libpixman is no longer needed, and adjust the
        make settings accordingly.

        For the short term, I think what I'll do is tweak the
        README.cairo.txt file with the above info, as that's
        the first place I looked when I got the error.

> Maybe I can try it again with a current (and a somewhat older) Ubuntu
> system, and if it works w/o lpixman-1, then we could probably remove
> that dependency?

        Not sure if the above message is just a packaging thing,
        or if it's for sure that cairo absorbed pixman's capabilities.

        I figure if nothing else, a quick comment in the README will
        help.