On 01/27/12 11:58, Mike Werner wrote:
> Was just fooling around with Erco's Fluid demo on a Windows 7 workstation
> running FLTK 1.3. The demo basically opens a small window somewhere on the
> desktop. It's running fine for me. I noticed that while running fluid, if the
> window is moved around on the desktop the window position is updated. So
> fluid knows where the window is, but it does not write this information into
> the code that it generates. Therefore, when I run the demo the window opens
> in an arbitrary location. Is there a good reason for this? I'd like to see
> the window open exactly where I positioned in in fluid. I get around this by
> adding an o->position(x,y) command in the extra code area.

        I've run into this myself with my own apps.

        If the app doesn't tell the window manager where to
        put the window (ie. with a 'hint'), the window manager
        will decide where it goes, based on whatever window
        tiling behavior it wants.

        In my own apps, I save window size + position info
        in a ~/.<appname>rc file; read the file on startup,
        write the file whenever size/position is changed.

        This could be added to fluid probably for all its windows;
        main window, code window, etc.

        I suppose it could be saved in the .fl file, or in
        the user's home dir, not sure which is best.. both
        have goods and bads. (If working with the same .fl file
        on different platforms + desktop layouts, it'd be good
        in a ~/.rc file. But if one wants a specific layout
        for that particular .fl file, saving in the .fl would be better..)