MacArthur, Ian (SELEX GALILEO, UK) schrieb:

>> Hmpf - the default is text and I know this, but forgot to take
>> care about. Very stupid, of course it works now...
>
> For what it's worth, I just use "rb" and "wb" regardless of platform
> since the *nix versions ignore the "b" anyway...

This doesn't seem to work for me. I'm writing scientific software for
1,5 years now and all the files had been textfiles. So normally the same
code works for Linux and MS-Windows, but if using "b" option, the line
end is wrong for MS-Windows (just tried it).

Anyway it's my job to take care of such details and I should have seen
it for myself. :o/