> Hi, I'm trying to install/use FLTK for the first time.
> I am trying for 2 days already, but still no solution to my problem.
>
> I've got FLTK 1.3.0 and would like to use FLTK on a Windows XP machine,
> compiling c++ code for Win32 programs running on Windows O.S.
>
> I do not need to have cross portability as I am using only Windows at
> the moment.
>
> I ca build FLTK itself without errors, configuring msys with:
> ./configure --target=[windows]

Why?

What made you think that a --target option is required? (clue: it is not
required.)

This works fine for me, with Msys on WinXX hosts...

  ../configure

> Then: make
> Then: make install

> Then: test/demo
> and I can run the app without problem

OK - so FLTK had built fine and is working (needless target setting aside...)

> But, after that, when I compile a simple example
> using FLTK, the compiler g++ give me the error:
> Xutf8.h:24:19: fatal error: X11/X.h: No such file or directory
>
> Why is looking for the folder X11?  is it needed also on Windows?
> How do I find exactly what is missing?
> Is there a complete X11 package that I should install before compilation?.
> Where to find it for Windows? Where to install it?
>
> Do you think I am missing some directive in my ./configure?

No, rather I suspect you are missing a setting in your compiler.

You MUST ensure that the value WIN32 is defined in your build. With gcc based
compilers you would add   -DWIN32  somewhere in the compiler options.

Or, you can put a suitable define in a header file that is included before any
fltk headers are read.. (e.g. #define WIN32 1 in a project wide header
somewhere.)

If you have the Msys shell, run fltk-config to build your code, it will do the
Right Thing for you...

     http://www.fltk.org/articles.php?L599

SELEX Galileo Ltd
Registered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14
3EL
A company registered in England & Wales.  Company no. 02426132