Call first the group handle and then decide if you want to throw away
the result of the children or not:

int ret=Fl_Group::handle(e);

if (e==Fl_PUSH) {/*do my own group handle stuff here*/ return(1);}
return(ret);

This should keep the child widgets responsive (apart from the FL_PUSH).
But you can play with Fl:event_inside to make the child widgets respond
to FL_PUSH as well.

Cheers, Herman