> Ah, I see what you mean. The beauty of NewtonOS is, that there is almost
> no app out there that uses native code. All existing apps are compiled
> into NewtonOS byte code which can we already compile and run. So it is
> actually a bit less work because in the end we need "only" the modern API.

Oh, right, I see (maybe...)

So what is needed is:

1) An interpreter for the NewtonOS byte code

2) A mechanism to "run" the Newton ROM and execute the bytecode

And (1) you already have, and (2) is done by "running" a real Newton ROM in an
emulation of the Newton h/w environment - this works, but is slower than we'd
like.

So the plan is to replace (2) with a native re-implementation of the Newton
ROM, based on the known API, and then it will all run much faster and be (I
assume) free of Apple IP?

Is that about right?

SELEX Galileo Ltd
Registered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14
3EL
A company registered in England & Wales.  Company no. 02426132