On 28 Sep 2012, at 15:48, David Allen wrote:

> My program draws a figure that goes by several names depending on the
> discipline: state machine, directed graph, automata.  The graphic aspects of
> this look great. I want to place an Fl_Input over each node so that the user
> can name the node. I have made several attempts, none of which are
> satisfactory. Suggestions are appreciated.

It's probably going to depend on how you have created your nodes, so some more
detail form you might be illuminating.

In the meantime, have you seen Greg's OpDesk code? That might be similar enough
to give some insights in to what to do...

http://seriss.com/people/erco/fltk/Fl_OpDesk/

Hope that helps...