> There's at least one good thing in all of this; 'svn' is now included,
> so you don't have to download and build it separately like you used to.

    Unfortunately, installing the "command line tools" does not
    (currently) include automake/autoconf.

    So if you do an svn checkout of fltk, you won't be able to build
    it ("autoconf: No such file or directory"), so apparently you'd
    need to install this separately.

    There are "scriptable" download/install instructions here
    which probably should work:

http://www.mattvsworld.com/blog/2010/02/install-the-latest-autoconf-and-automake-on-mac-os-10-6/

    Of interest, when you install Xcode, it does seem to install
    a bunch of command line compiler stuff, but it's all tucked away
    in /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/*
    In there I see svn, git, g++, make, gdb, etc.

    So not sure what the 'command line tools' install is doing
    if all that stuff is already in there..? It sure took a while,
    so I'm thinking there is now several copies of the gnu compiler
    on the machine?

    Looks like a tool called 'xcrun' (see man page) is a way to
    maybe access the Xcode command line tools, eg.
        xcrun gcc foo.c -o foo

    Meh.. "change is bad".