On 20.12.2012 19:34, Greg Ercolano wrote:

>> Albrecht writes:
>> fl_open_uri("file:///c:/samples")
>> should work. Note the triple '/'..
>
>       Hmm, is the third slash needed?

I don't know if it works with two slashes by chance, but ...

>       Probably both work, but I think two slashes followed by the path is
> correct.
>       http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_URI_scheme

Yep, it's "file://host/path...", and if there is no host given,
then it's the local host - as far as I understand it. Should be
easy to test, but what is the most portable way?

.. and citing Wikipedia from your link above:

Note that when omitting host you do not omit the slash
("file:///foo.txt" is okay, while "file://foo.txt" is not,
although some interpreters manage to handle the latter).

--

Albrecht