> Or use a news reader. The mailing list in turn is a front end to the
> very useful and great Usenet news system.

Indeed: though I was missing out that option on purpose - I assumed that the OP
would have email, but that they might be unaware that nntp even existed...

It does seem to me that there are a lot of folk around these days who think
that the capabilities provided by the current flock of "social media" are
somehow new and unique, and are completely unaware that they are really just
centralised, proprietary, interfaces to functionality we have had since way
back when...

I'm not sure if the OP falls into that category, but I wasn't taking the chance!